Profiles And Contributions To This Article
qualifications: Master of Social Planning and Development
position: Research Fellow
A social science researcher, my research interests include rural health and medical workforce, consumer access issues and research capacity development.
position: Professor of Rural Health Research
Current research interests include:
- the social and spatial patterns of need for health related services in rural areas,
- rural health workforce recruitment and retention,
- the role and contribution of services to the health and wellbeing of communities,
- the provision of appropriate education, training and support for rural health workers and implementation of innovative service delivery models in order to provide sustainable health care in small rural and remote communities,
- the evaluation of rural health care planning and policies, and
- rural community development.